Thursday, March 24, 2011

Lisa, give up the pants and wear a kilt...

Dear Lisa B,

....What a frustrating day!!!!!!..... I have been "technologically deprived" and I haven't been able to blog today... What's worse is I have been in bed after getting my impacted wisdom tooth extracted yesterday, perfect opportunity to just fire away at the keys, but my little Compaq laptop computer seen here has been acting up again. What a nightmare!!!  It's like the dog you have had for over15 years who is blind, deaf and crippled but you won't put to sleep... I just can't seem to put the poor thing to rest. I recently purchased an Ipad, (first generation) for a great deal but it is still in the bag.. and that was last Saturday!!!! Like seriously, who does that? ( ISSUES!!!!!) My poor husband has been itching.. which leads me to this...
If you don't already know, Trevor works in technology, and I do everything else. I pretty much run the household, so when something like my computer breaks down, he  is in hog's heaven because in his eyes, there is something that I can't do and I NEED him for. However, there is nothing worse than your computer going ca put when your 24/7 techy is not around. You feel like you are stifling.. Am I right or am I RIGHT..hehehe.. So here's the thing, for about a month now he has been taking my computer to repair whenever it has its continued glitch and when I ask him what he does to repair it, I hear about "ip addresses, voice over ip, pinging, re configurations, reinstalling of hard drives, wireless networking, power supply...... things and things and things which I care less about.... but interestingly enough, his tongue slipped and it so happened that all he has been is removing the battery and the power supply simultaneously, then re plugging the power supply then  re attaching the battery...................... Uhmmmmm................Pause.......... Crickets..................... Ok......
That's it?....... All this time?.......All this suffering? Are you kidding me?
....but wait a minute Lisa...... the reason he never told you how simple it was to repair the computer was because he wanted to know he was needed.. he isn't just here to provide for the family but to also be a BRAWNY GUY..... to finally wear the pants and give me his kilt.. Sighh.. I don't like that though... (pouting).. I don't like giving up my power and control... It sucks, but I have to allow him to be the man...
How do I find that balance? I need to figure that out or should I saw I need you to help me figure that one out... Control, trust, reliance.. They all go hand in hand and they will have to be clumped up together while I try to heal/overcome.....

1 comment:

  1. Dear Pant's
    Hell no! First off a man who is secure with himself plays games with you like that. Messing with your head to show he's NEEDED.( issues there).
    Hey thank God he was just doing this with your lap top that he was making "sick". What happens when that dose not work. What else is he capable of doing BEHIND your back? You Can't trust someone who made you very upset by Messing with your personal items just to feel Like a man. (coo Coo) "What is this "Male technology Munchausen" Worse is all this accomplished is stress you out when you were already sick.
    I wouldn't take it Lightly AND KEEP you PANT"S ON!!!

    ReplyDelete